Wednesday 9 March 2016

Just her cup of tea - Feminine and Fancy too!

Mother's Day has been and gone so I can post the card I made for my MIL...
...not that she looks at this blog, but it doesn't seem right to show it before the occasion! ;)
A combination of Papertry Ink for the cups and "tea time" cartouche...Stampers Anonymous for the scroll work...and Chocolate Baroque for the beautiful sentiment...it's one of my all time favourites :)


We bought her a lovely floaty scarf from the National Trust shop at Buckland Abbey.



The tithe barn...huge it was too!



Modern reworked plaster ceiling...just fab!


It's quite remarkable to think that Sir Francis Drake actually walked around this place....you can't really say lived here as he spent so much time on the high seas!!! Is it any wonder both his marriages did not produce an heir!!!!?


A beautiful old vellum of Gregorian chant music.


I made a box to gift the scarf in...I might at last have got the gist of what the measurement differences ought to be for the top and bottom! Ha ha!
(Cut the bottom piece 2mm less than the top...i.e. Top 40x25 say, so bottom 38x23....that's if your card is not all that thick!)...well it worked for me in this instance. :)

Thanks for looking and MIL adored her scarf :)

Linking this card to Try it on Tuesday for this fornight's "Feminine and Fancy" challenge
xoxo Sioux

9 comments:

  1. Really lovely card. You are welcome to drop in anytime for a piece of cake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the card and box are gorgeous. the vellum music looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A truly beautiful card - your MIL must have loved it! Buckland Abbey looks an interesting place to visit! So pleased you joined us at Try It On Tuesday! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card for Mothers Day. Thank you for joining us at TioT's this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cups on your card look gorgeous and such lovely photos
    Ps : I am having a celebration on my blog with prizes...would love to have you join in.Here is the link : 5 Million Page-views Celebration

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card and I loved your photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love cups on a card and this is gorgeous - also loved scrolling through your photos.
    hugs Brenda xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for showing an interest in my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.....I truly love to read what you say....it keeps me sane(ish)!
xoxo