Tuesday 13 October 2015

From a distance!

Inspiration Wednesday number 18 at last complete.
Staring at pages of black gesso for far too long is not productive.....so I just plunged in and kept on going!!

Have not done anything quite like this before and that's why I was hesitant to start!

In the end it's much better than I could have imagined!! Who knew? ;)


I had hoped to learn a bit more about the application of the acrylic paint to make the flowers....but I'm afraid Donna's video was on fast forward at the nitty gritty points!!
I ended up doing a mixture of one stroke type painting and just making a mess ;) The leaves really need a bit of practise.....but I really like the way the vase turned out :)


I decided to keep the inclusion in and tried to make it become part of the pages.


Donna mentioned a chalk board effect but she went down a different path....I decided to give it a go on the back of the inclusion. Needs a bit more practise I think.


After dithering so long to start putting the colours down I'm quite pleased at the effect.....although it does look best from a distance!!!! Rofl


Thanks for looking
xoxo Sioux

3 comments:

  1. I think it's turned out beautifully, Sioux!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful from about six inches away from my nose and suspect it would look just as brilliant at any distance! The flowers look fabulous against the background! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great with all those lovely bright colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for showing an interest in my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.....I truly love to read what you say....it keeps me sane(ish)!
xoxo