Sunday 9 November 2014

Jenever tasting & herrings!

One of the reasons I booked the hotel was the fact they offered jenever tastings!!
I wanted to surprise my honey with a little Valentine gift ;)
This is the very atmospheric hotel bar (it used to be the original Heineken brewery)
with original Delft tiles from 1887 too.



 The barman served the different gins at our table whilst we also tasted the savoury snacks.




One of the little tricks he did was almost overfill a glass with the gin and challenge you to drink it without spillage!!!!


I paid a bit extra and we got to take these little Delft pots home.


Mr B was very keen to try herring from one of the kiosks alongside the canals.




He thouroghly enjoyed it.....me?
I passed on that treat!.....It's not for me and it was only 10 in the morning and had only just had breakfast!!!! ROFL
Thanks for looking
xoxo Sioux

3 comments:

  1. Oh this looks like fun Sioux, I love Amsterdam - herrings not so much lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've filled a gap in my education here- I had never heard of Jenever! I've just looked it up on good old Google and what an interesting bit of history Wikipedia came up with! Sounds like you had a great experience! Herring(was it raw?) was probably a good thing to pass on at that time of day.......or any other time lol!!!! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never heard of Jenever either, better follow Chris to google! what would we do without it!!
    I would have passed on the herrings too, no matter WHAT time of day!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for showing an interest in my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.....I truly love to read what you say....it keeps me sane(ish)!
xoxo