Monday 7 May 2012

Where have I been?

I'll let you into a little secret.........I've just returned from a weeks holiday up North with my bestest buddies :)
I really got the best of the weather too as where I live was a complete windy wash out!!!

I ventured into my garden on Friday morning when I got back as I was waiting for the collection man to arrive to take my Vagabond off to be assessed!!!
I can't help but think there was, or perhaps still is, an intrinsic fault with the model...but at £175.00 there really should not be!!!
(I was planning that it would last me for the rest of my life at that price!!!)

Anyways here are some of the things that made me glad to be home even though I loved every minute of my holiday ;)

Parrot tulips with dogwood in the background.


Small species tulips


more tulips


and yet more tulips


I even loved that my remaining cabbages have gone to seed and are attracting all the bees!


I have a new lemon forming on my tree


And my poppy is chomping at the bit to flower


What I was not so pleased about was that some of the roofing felt had been ripped off my shed in high winds and I had to make running repairs when I least wanted too!!


 But then again my red currents are starting to form.......Mmmmmm scrummy:)
I am so happy that moving the bush last autumn does not seem to have affected the number of berries that are there:)


Tomorrow  is the second anniversary of Pip's death but I'll be back to share how we celebrated his life on Sunday :)
xoxo Sioux

5 comments:

  1. Your garden looks great. HOpe you get your machine sorted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful garden, Sioux! Glad you got to spend some time with friends, and I will be thinking of you tomorrow.
    Hugs, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you had a lovely week away. Your garden is beautiful - the tulips are spectacular and I love cabbages gone to seed too - although it is too early for butterflies here yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow a lemon on your lemon tree! Do you keep it outside all the time?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes, your poor shed!

    Your tulips are looking splendid ♥♥ and look at all the berries. Looks like your garden is going to keep you busy over the comming weeks and months.. have fun.

    Will be interesting to see how you get on with your machine.. I still haven't got round to chosing one.

    Sending more hugs.xx Hope you can come back up to us again soon.x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for showing an interest in my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.....I truly love to read what you say....it keeps me sane(ish)!
xoxo