Tuesday 15 May 2012

Last day of my travels

On the last day of my holiday we went to Biddulph Grange gardens in the morning.



It is such a lovely setting and hard to believe it was so neglected until fairly recently.



The Oriental garden was delightful







With a quirky frog statue



The Egyptian part



Part of the ceiling as you go into the shop area.




I could not resist this plant...it's a dianthus carthusianorum...a new one on me!!!




In the afternoon we travelled just down the road to Little Moreton Hall....a remarkable Tudor manor house.



I said WOW! when I saw this facade




Beautiful parrot tulips



The very atmospheric long gallery at the top of the house.




There is a moat that goes around the entire manor.




And I shrieked with delight when I found a plant for sale that I have been after for some time...




...a Crambe Maritima...I know it does not look much at the moment but it grows quite tall so watch this space ;)


I started my long journey home at about 4 p.m. as I needed to be home on the Friday for the collection of that Vagabond!
I eventually made it in my front door at about 11.15 p.m. but I did stop at Ikea in Birmingham and did my food shopping at the local 24 hour Tesco in Newton Abbot too!!
I was shattered! LOL
Hope you enjoyed sharing my holiday.
xoxo Sioux

7 comments:

  1. Oooh you should have said - could have met you for coffee and icecream in Ikea! Glad you had a nice time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trip was wonderful - thank you for sharing it with us!! The Tudor house is beautiful... reminds me of Liberty's store in London.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there. you've been having a fab break by all indications! That garden is lovely. We went to little Moreton last year and really enjoyed it, so it's nice to be reminded about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you certainly made some excellent choices of places to visit! Quarry Bank Mill is one of our 'locals' and I love to visit the garden throughout the year to see the seasonal changes. We were at Tatton Park at the weekend and my son and I were saying we hadn't been to Bidulph Grange or Little Moreton Hall for a while so we are are going next weekend, thanks for the taster pics, Chrisxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel as though I've been to all those amazing places with you. thank you for sharing. When's the next trip then??
    Hugs Joanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!!What a fantastic day !!! Stunning surroundings...and new plants! Who could ask for more? :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your plants are settling in well Sioux I have loved following your journey and being a tiny part of it! I will always remember your warm smile and lovely hug when we met up! Thank You.xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for showing an interest in my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.....I truly love to read what you say....it keeps me sane(ish)!
xoxo