Saturday 4 December 2010

12 Tags of Christmas 2010 - Day 4

I've put a stickie post up with an attached thumbnail linky thingy for anyone who wants to play along with the Splinter Group again this year!
I thought we all could add a link to the specific blog post of each tag and then it will make it easier to hop around to share the joy LOL

Here is my tag for today ;)


Today I decided to be a rebel!
..well....it's sort of expected of someone who sets up a splinter group don't you think? ! HOL

About the only thing the same as T!m's is the attempt at the facet and the bling at the bottom!
I did not have any blues that were dark enough for the technique..well I've only got one blue anyway and that's stonewash and I tried it but it did not look right!
So taking into consideration I only had a couple of things the same and that the tags are going to be displayed on my china dresser I changed the colour combo 'cos I felt like it!! LOL
I went with the glittery facet technique 'cos T!m did say it was all about the embellishment ;)

..put too much gunge on and it oooozed out all over the place ;)...had those facets a while and have not had the courage to do more than admire them so far..you know how it is? :)
Stamped the Santa and masked him and inked the background with DI antique linen and victorian velvet.
...added an Artistic Stamper holly image from mini Christmas 1 down one side in a combo of peeled paint and bundled sage and added glitter to the berries
...used the T!m stencil type metal letters for "It's Christmas" sponged in fired brick
...T!m corner scroll stamped in pumice stone and Santa lightly coloured with Di's using cut & dry pens
....so glad I was not at work today for that one! But fun all the same ;)
Am I forgiven? LOL

Also....while I'm here......I can't believe the number of people joining in.....it's amazing....it's unexpected.....it's Fab-U-lous as Craig would say (that's one of the judges on Strictly Come Dancing here in the UK at the minute for our overseas friends ;))
Thanks everyone and hope you are all having as much fun as I am....sorry if I'm a bit tardy in commenting on your tags but there are more to comment on than I ever imagined.
.....but I will get there!!
DON'T FORGET!
Jennie The Artistic Stamper is going to give away a goody bag full of T!m stuff to a lucky person who shares a tag using the linky post.
..so the more tags you share the better your chances are :)
This will be drawn by random after the end of T!m's 12 Tags of Christmas.
....is that not super generous? :) Thanks Jennie!
While we are on the subject I'm adding a separate prize too!
Don't know what it is yet but it I'll try and make it extra special to thank you all for playing along ;)
xoxo Sioux

27 comments:

  1. You rebel-ed with a Tim cause....luv your take on todays tag, looks great in red!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your rebellious version Sioux! It's fabulous! You go girl! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've certainly rebelled with a vengeance, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant tag Sioux. Love the colours you've used, and that Santa is so gorgeous. He really makes me smile.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's fabulous, I love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your alternative colours, your tag is beautiful! I want to do something with mine at the end, too - not sure what yet. I think it's great how many people are having fun with you! I really need some of the proper facets!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is great - just love it. And the colours are fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I must say, the rebellion worked rather well! Its gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your variation on Tim's tag. The colours and images look really lovely.

    I'm still thinking about mine as I have nothing but the inks so big head scratching going on here lol.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh yes I love your imagination with this one and after all they will be our creations and displayed in our house not Tims's....lol Brilliant bling and love your Father Christmas stamp. Thank you for hosting this group. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey there rebel, it's smashing. Just a note, you may be fed up that Ann is still on strictly, but joy of joys, Spooks will be back next year, Yay!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow so glad you were a rebel cos your tag is stunning, the variations by all the participants are as inspiring as Tims techniques, thanks for sharing and by the way, thankyou for setting up the splinter group, such a fun idea, the sharing bit is making this all the more exciting xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like your version, I wish I adnt gone with blue!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoy your tags, I'm also glad you set up the splinter group too. I love to see all the variations on a theme that everyone comes up with. As Tim says, it's the inspiration that matters!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous tag, love your colours.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had to become a follower, your tags are amazing and I love your blog.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow so beautiful tag
    hugs Pia

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh totaly brilliant hun i too did not have blue so i too went for red,you really rebelled,here hun ,love it hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your choice of colours. Brilliant tag.

    And many thanks for organising us a place to go to see what other people are creating. It's always so interesting to be able to do this.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your tag is totally wonderful. The master loves it when we go with our own muse. Thanks again for hosting the link. It really adds to the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your take on Day 4, be a rebel all you want - fab tag!

    ReplyDelete
  22. you might have been rebellious but your tag is just stunning!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oops i missed a couple of yours.. how rude of me.. but i'm here now and your tag is looking lush

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful take on the tag. Love what you did. I don't think of it as rebelling I think of is taking inspiration from the tag and creating something beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for showing an interest in my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.....I truly love to read what you say....it keeps me sane(ish)!
xoxo