Saturday 6 February 2010

SCD - Mad March Hare

What a fab lot of creations from the DT this week for the start of a new month focusing on ATC's over at SCD with the theme this week being Mad March Hare set by Laura.....and what's that I see? Chriss from the Artist Trading Club is guest designer....go over and take a look.


I could not wait to get my thinking cap on and here is the result.


I googled the knave of hearts and found the old playing card image on Wikipedia printed it out and stuck it to the base card....did the same with the mask....I love Venetian masks don't you?...I also found in my searching that the original mad march hare in Alice in Wonderland was drawn with straw in his hair......it seems it was a Victorian depiction of madness!!
...I've gone mad myself and given the hare points of the compass for eyes!!!...I also embossed the mask although It does not show up well on the photo.....much better irl.
(Tanda Stamps for the compass and the postage stamp)
......the word fragments are part of a phrase from AinW when the hare is at the Mad Hatters tea party......at least I think it is when they are at the tea party!!! LOL
.........crackle painted the larger heart in fired brick and glittered the little heart.

I can't seem to get Alice in Wonderland out of my head at the moment.....have you seen the trailer on my sidebar? I am so looking forward to seeing that film.....looks like a grand grown up version.

Thanks for looking and don't forget.........we are all going to send our ATC's in at the end of the month and get swaps back.....fun...fun...FUN!

xoxo Sioux
P.S. I've at last got round to buying some ATC pockets for protection....got them fromTanda along with the two stamps I used above
...................and they popped two free stamps in with the order isn't that great?!

14 comments:

  1. My Printers isn't talking to my comp they have fell out big time! ;0) causing no end of problems lol.

    I love this ATC I will see if I can find a bunny any where and try and play along lol lovely post as always hun

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH..I LOVE YOUR ATC chickie! the eyes on the rabbit are so kewl..and the background with the crackle ~ so scrumptious! fabulous work!
    thanks so much for joining in the challenge this week and sharing your creation

    hugz
    melody

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ATC, love how you created the background. Anesha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is simply amazing. Love it. I can't believe what people have created this week. They are all amazing and stretching. I am loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulously surreal take on the SCD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much to see Your mad hare looks sooo 3D could almost pic him up by his ears... no animal cruelty complaints please 'cos I wouldnd't do it really.

    Great ATC and high in gorgeous grunge.

    Hope that you will be swapping it at the end of the 4 challenges.

    chriss x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super Atc! Your hare really does look 3D! Love your attention to detail as always :) Thanks for joining us this week. Can't wait to see what you create with the other 3 challenges. :) Hope you're having a great weekend. Hugs, Gez.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow that bunny really pops! love the whole composition of the atc its FAB!
    Really pleased you're joining us for our swap xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have just re visited your ATC as I like i so much. The hare mask must be £D, isn't it? And thanks for that trailer of Johnny. I will be sure to see it. Would love to see it at an Imax, Not sure that is possible.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is gorgeous, fantastic ATC, that mask looks great

    Thanks for joining us on SCD

    DAwn

    ReplyDelete
  11. just fab!! Love the playing card in the background and the glittery heart! Very creative! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow! this is totally amazing!
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. great atc ,is that hare made of porcelain??

    love your card background

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for showing an interest in my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.....I truly love to read what you say....it keeps me sane(ish)!
xoxo