Tuesday 26 January 2010

Thank You Crafty Individuals

At last some real life stamping to show!....Still got the sniffles...still got the sneezes....still blowing my nose!!! Sorry.......was the last bit too much information? LOL

...Thank heavens for Kleenex Balsam tissues!!!!!!

Here is the card I made from some of the stash from Crafty Individuals.

I used plate numbers C1-203 - Ledger background C1-201 Four square blocks with silhouettes of birds in hearts C1-053 Journey wording and C1-180 Venezia bird.


........I could have done with some of that Distress Ink colour co-ordinated ribbon again for this!!! Why not vote on the side bar if you haven't already....I know there might not be many of us but perhaps T!m will give it some thought if enough people enter the vote widget...who knows?

...and speaking of T!m have you seen the new die cutting tool he showed yesterday on his blog?

...Wow! I don't own a die cutting machine and have no plans to buy one but seeing that has really made me have a double think....it seems it can cut really thick stuff like acrylic.....lets hope it will be manufactured sturdily enough to cope with the tough jobs I know a lot of people will want to do!! LOL ;)...unfortunately in my experience far too many craft tools/machines are not up to the job they were designed for...don't know about you but I for one cannot afford to throw good money after bad!

Here is a (fairly) quick how I did the card......

I stippled DI Shabby Shutters onto some white card and stamped the Venezia bird in Impress Chocolate...wiping off the ink on the postage frank area and adding DI Fired Brick cut out and tattered the edges and inked with FB again

.....Stamped the ledger background in DI Tattered Rose and stippled bits of Tea Dye and Scattered Straw.......tattered the edges and inked with DI WS

....Stippled DI Worn Lipstick onto white card and stamped the silhouette bird in Walnut Stain and distress embossed with worn lipstick....n.b. I forgot to dry off the stippled background and everything was still wet when I embossed...der!...as it happens I quite liked the way it turned out!!! ;)

........Stamped part of the Journey wording onto a sheet of CI printed paper and cut out a bracket shape from thin chipboard to stick this to...filed the edges and edged with a Pilot gold pen

..........the photo corner was chipboard again with a piece of CI paper......made a mini tag at the side from left over bit of a previous stamping trial!!.....stamped and clear heat embossed the sentiment and attached a paperclip with a ribbon

Sorry for the long waffle.

Thanks for looking and thank you Crafty Individuals for giving all this scrumminess as a prize.

xoxo Sioux :)
P.S. I'm entering this in Allsorts challenge as it seems to fit their Hearts & Flowers theme.

13 comments:

  1. Great use of the gorgeous CI stamps I use that fab ledger on loads of ATC's as part of a background.

    just popping over to thank you for coming to our live online party 32hrs of fun and games, you being there helped make it a success.

    thank you Chriss x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Lovely colours. I know what you mean about the ribbon. Hope you soon stop sneezing.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Great card! Fab layout and lovely colours.

    Thanks for joining us at Allsorts.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. great use of the stamps,hun,great layout and colurs too love cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab work ! Great colours and layout !

    Hugs, Gry-Heidi :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card!!!!! Hope you feel better real soon. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card love the colour choices and that you are soooooo enjoying your prise.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card great use of white space too!

    Get well soon hun!

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous!!! I love crafty individuals!! Love the image, that fab colours (my fav!!) Love the layout and the paperclip detail! very stylish card! hope you will feel better soon! Juls

    ReplyDelete
  10. MMMM Love this and you have used lots of white space which I have yet still to master it's fab

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, those colours & CI stamp are great! Had the sneezes myself this week, been thru loads of kleenex! Hopwe you're better now x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, those colours & CI stamp are great! Had the sneezes myself this week, been thru loads of kleenex! Hope you're better now x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for showing an interest in my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.....I truly love to read what you say....it keeps me sane(ish)!
xoxo