Monday 11 January 2010

Hearts

A Spoon Full of Sugar challenge are asking to see "Hearts" this week.
I couldn't resist using the freebie stamp from Craft Stamper this month designed by Glenda Waterworth from Elusive Images.....it is gorgeous!

Stamped the image 3 times in DI's Scattered Straw, Dusty Concord and Fired Brick.....then masked them and used a T!m script stamp as a background with a gold ink although it does not look much like gold either in real life or on the photo!! LOL
The layer below uses the small flourish stamps on the Dawn Chorus plate from EI stamped in DI's Frayed Burlap, Tea Dye and Tattered Rose....both layers had tea dye sponged edges and Walnut stain to finish........stamped and clear embossed the sentiment and added the ribbons.
Now.........those ribbons......although I was ever so lucky and managed to find some bits I had saved from crackers a few years ago.......the top ribbon is not from the same source and is a different width etc but the colours are pretty good as a match to the inks so I went ahead and used them!
...........Guess what though? I had an idea and decided to e-mail T!m Holtz about it.....do you think I'll get a reply? Perhaps not........he must get hundreds of the darn things! LOL
.......anyways I asked if he could get someone to manufacture gro-grain and satin ribbon in Distress Ink colours.....do you you think you would use them if he did?.......perhaps T!m (being a man) does not think about ribbons much! HOL
I know I could have coloured some plain stuff with the DI's but it was not quite the look I was after.
Off to link it now before I'm too late!
Thanks for looking and happy stamping
xoxo Sioux
Edit: Ooooh! Ooooh! Ooooh! T!m replied.....he said "thanks susan - i'll pass it along."

6 comments:

  1. Looks fab. Love the colours and it is a great free stamp this month. Like the coordinating ribbons too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card!! I love this stamp too! I have pulled it off my mag but not inked up yet! thanks for the inspiration! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! I never seem to try the free stamps, just take them off the magazine and "store" them (currently in a pile on the floor...) but seeing how fab your card looks, I must use them in future... Love that you got a response from Tim - it sounds a good idea to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how this turned out! ...and I'm pretty jealous of the whole stamp in a mag thing - hehe.

    Love that you got a repsonse from Tim. That sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty is this!????
    I too like that stamp very much and want to make a few things with it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a beautiful stamp & you've done a lovely job. Nice to hear you got a reply to your email - so quickly as well. I hope you signed your email with your new title. :-D

    Love Gez.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for showing an interest in my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.....I truly love to read what you say....it keeps me sane(ish)!
xoxo