Thursday 2 July 2009

Fly With Me? - Papertake Weekly

Once again the sketch by Dawny at Papertake Weekly has come up trumps just when I needed it....I'm beginning to wonder if she is psychic!!!.......fab sketch and suited what I had made as the topper/ATC itself had the sentiment already so no need for additions.....although I did decide to add a trio of gems top and bottom.

I stamped the Artistic Stamper birdie (free with CS) and the Paperartsy heart thingy and swirls onto some patterned paper for a change instead of making my own background as I did with this one...sometimes time is of the essence! LOL.......all the papers are K&Co Roam.
The yellow fibre stuff was from a stall at the Exeter craft show a few years back......it is coming again in September but I am thinking of giving it a miss as it just seems to be the same old stuff.....afraid it is one of the hazards of living down here on the way to nowhere else because it is a long way for a lot of companies to travel to......
Wondering whether to save up the pennies and have a look see at the NEC one coming up anyone any recommendations on that? Is it worth the trek up there and the extra cost for me considering I would most likely stay overnight to make the most of a full day there....any comments gratefully received.
Thanks for looking...........and thanks again for another super sketch.........loved it.
xoxo

11 comments:

  1. fab card as always, love the composition of the card, and the background papers are just lush!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful card...love the use of the free stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is fab, I love the bird image and great colours

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the added jewels it makes the image well balanced and certainly adds a dimension. Great to make use of CS free stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need some more help if possible. How do you link to a past post on your own blog when you want to enter an item you have already posted a while ago?
    Many Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for replying. No it wasn't to make a link into a post I am writing. I wanted to enter Blossom into a challenge but she was posted ages ago. I can link to my blog but it goes to the beginning and anyone would need to scroll down for ages. I wondered if there was a way to link to an old post i.e straight to her post? Also some blogs seem to have their posts in months? Mine are just in a big long list. I have had a look at settings but I cannot identify anything?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh I wish I was psychic hun lol xx This is just fabulous. Love the birdie image and papers and your take on the skecth is brill. Thank you for joining us at PTW. Hugs, Dawny xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layout! Love the bling-bling.

    Sunny regards, Renata

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another stunner of a card, really gorgeous.
    I went to the NEC early this year, had a fab day and loads of goodies to be had. Am going to the next one so I think its worth a trip.
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooh just come across this one using the bird, what a fab card!
    Jennie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for showing an interest in my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.....I truly love to read what you say....it keeps me sane(ish)!
xoxo