Sunday 18 January 2009

It's all about Whiskers!



This is the first time I have entered anything at This Thursday, it's all about....... and only the second thing I have made since Boxing Day! The "dreaded lurgy" got me good and after working all day the only thing I felt like doing was collapsing on the sofa and watching TV!!

I thought I was getting better last Friday but had to cancel going out to celebrate a friends birthday at the last minute as I felt dizzy and could not get warm then, when I did start to warm up, I was burning hot!!!! Anyway, I do feel a bit more like actually doing something creative.

The theme is Whiskers and although I could not find a stamped image to use this card seemed to fit the brief in the end. I used a craft punch I have had for ages of a cat (but hardly used). I tried to make it a bit abstract by forming lots of them into a circle (took a bit of manoeuvring). I cut a circle from red card and put this in the centre and threaded some fluffy fibres through to resemble whiskers. Then I layered this onto a piece of card that I had used a corner punch/embosser on (wish I had nestabilities, but then I would need a Wizard or a Cuttlebug or something and that is out of the question). I think layering this onto the piece of red card made a good substitute effect. I used some silicon glue to attach a punched out heart in the centre.

The background paper was a freebie from Scrapbook Inspirations by S.E.I., the cats were also cut from the same paper and I used the offcuts from the corner punching to add to the corners of the main card. I created the sentiment cartouche in my Serif graphics programme, printed it and cut out and then edged with a gold marker. I attached this with some jeweled brads through the ribbon (again a freebie from the same magazine) and onto the card.

4 comments:

  1. I love your whiskery heart -- the whole card works really well.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that cat punch - it really is effective and clever the way you used it!!
    Hope you continue to feel better, despite the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I LOVE this!! What a creative bunch of "whiskers" on a perfectly wonderful card! Thanks for playing along with the challenge at This Thursday!! Hope the "lurgies" are better.....I'm similarly afflicted, and sneezing my way through the days.....take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on Whiskers! I was also relieved to read that I'm not the only cardmaker in Blogland who hasn't got a Wizard/Cuttlebug/Bigshot Thingy with all the attendant accessories and gizmos...LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for showing an interest in my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.....I truly love to read what you say....it keeps me sane(ish)!
xoxo