Saturday 20 September 2008

PaperArtsy Christmas Card

I thought I would post an image of the card I made last Christmas. Seeing that I make about 80 of them I am always faced with the same challenge to make a design that
a) does not take forever to make and

b) does not cost a fortune to produce! (It's the monetary challenged thing again).

I bought the ready scored card base & envelopes to match from a stall at Exeter Westpoint last year, I seem to remember they were a bargain - Creative Stiches & Hobbycrafts - the show is on again this coming weekend and my boss has said I can take a holiday day on Friday to go, he's a star! Anyway, I digress.
The backing paper is actually wrapping paper and the corn dolly type star embellishment was from a pack of Xmas decorations, both from IKEA purchased the year before! Don't you just love it when you get an idea that makes use of your stash?
I stamped the image (Paperartsy Xmas plate 3, I really love these stamps and like them even more because I was lucky enough to win them in a competition) with a clear embossing pad onto plain white card stock (10 per sheet I think) and dusted red & green coloured chalks on the surface for a sort of grungy faded aged look and cut them out. I cut the wrapping papers with a decorative wheel on my Fiskars paper trimmer (another lucky win!), which saved an awful lot of time and attached the pieces of raffia in a criss-cross fashion to the front. I then mounted the stamped image onto the front with 3d foam pads and attached the star with silicon glue for strength. I printed out an insert on the computer as below.
I was pleased with the result considering it cost me very little to make, and I still have some of the paper & the raffia left!

Have an Arty weekend.

Just in case you can't read the small wording on the insert it says

" Star of the East, the horizon adorning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for showing an interest in my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.....I truly love to read what you say....it keeps me sane(ish)!
xoxo